SE Portland QRIS 5 Star rated Early Childhood Center is looking for a Part-Time Afternoon Teacher in our Before and Aftercare Program
Are you a positive, joyful, passionate candidate with experience teaching in pre-school classrooms?
Education & Experience required:
CDA – Oregon State Certified, AA/AS degree in ECE, BA or MA in ECE, Early Elementary Education, Child Development, or educationally related field
- Teaching pre-school children in a certified center classroom setting
- Observing and documenting children’s learning
Only candidates with necessary education and experience will be considered.
Perfect candidate will:
- Be energetic, self-motivated and flexible.
- Be able to work collaboratively with a variety of teachers.
Your work will include:
- Working with children ages 3 -6 in an aftercare classroom setting.
- Working collaboratively with other teachers to meet the unique needs of children in a full-day program.
- Engaging children in planned and free-choice activities.
- Working with children in large and small group settings.
- Monday – Friday: 12:15 pm – 4:30 pm
- School year position with possible summer employment opportunity
- Includes some closing duties.
- Medical and dental w/ partial pay-in by employee. Sick time, paid holidays and vacation.
- Start Date: Available immediately upon enrollment in the Oregon Office of Child Care Central Background Registry (Criminal History)
- Pay Scale: Dependent on Experience and Education
- Certificate in Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Current Adult /Child 1st Aid/ CPR
- Current Oregon Food Handler Card (Multnomah County)
- Enrollment in the Oregon Professional Development Step Registry
- Attain 24 professional development training hours - Childswork provides 15 hours in-house.
- Attend monthly Explorers and Staff meetings
Email a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childswork is always looking for great teachers to join our sub list.
If interested please contact Laurie Jorgensen.